Saturday, January 10, 2015

Happy New Year and 2015 Update

Hello to all!

Hope you all had a great festive time and new year!

I've been so busy promoting my new 'Confessions..' blog that I completely forgot about this one! So, I thought I would give you all an update on what has been happening since I last posted!

So, creatively speaking, it has been all go! I've recently re-discovered my passion for the written word, and have found myself poetically inspirationally drenched so to speak. Needless to say, I now have a new blog called 'Confessions of the Beautifully Average...Musings of a Thirtysomething' (aptly named after one of my music albums), which has all the poetry I have written recently, and also little posts on my life experiences and observations. So do check it out at:

www.cotba.wordpress.com

And things have been going so well with the writing, that all being well, one of my pieces is to be published this March in 'The Journal', which is extremely exciting.

Music wise, things have been a lot quieter, and in all honesty, I haven't had the time or the inspiration to write any new material for quite some time. I had started work on a new project, titled 'Grit and Starlings', which is a concept album, however this has been and is continuing to be a slow process. That aside, despite the lack of new material, some of my older tracks are currently doing quite well! As it stands, I'm currently riding a wave of musical popularity with two of my tracks charting highly in various on-line charts, including:

N1M Chart:

'Was This My Romance?' Currently at Number 7 for UK folk and Number 34 for global folk!

Two other tracks, namely 'At Your Door Stop' and 'Come To Me' are also in the lower echelons but steadily climbing (Numbers 616 and 318 respectively).

ReverbNation

'Honestly' Currently at Number 20 in the Brighton folk charts (having previously been Top 5 at Number 5!)

As well as that, I have received some lovely fan e-mails about my songs which is a first for me! So, all being well, I'm going to try and get moving with some new tunes, and once I have left Brighton, I shall be purchasing some recording equipment so I can actually get some decent recordings out there!

And that is where I am currently at!

So, wishing you all a very happy and healthy 2015, and I shall see you all soon!

Michael

No comments: